Residents of Florida are bracing up for a tropical storm that is highly likely to hit the state in the coming days. This comes after a tropical depression 9 formed in the Caribbean on Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.
The fast-approaching category 3 Florida hurricane has prompted the state governor, Ron DeSantis, to issue a warning. The warning urges residents of the state to adequately for any eventualities.
“This storm has the potential to strengthen into a major hurricane and we encourage all Floridians to make their preparations,” DeSantis said. “We are coordinating with all state and local government partners to track potential impacts of this storm,” the governor added.
However, as the hurricane approaches, there are steps or actions that residents are advised to take as far as evacuation and safety are concerned.
Therefore in this article, NBA Republic touches on some of the steps or actions one is advised to take before the storm sets in.
Meanwhile, a state of emergency has been declared by the governor in some 24 counties of the Sunshine state. These counties include; Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Pasco, Hardee, Sarasota, Highlands, and DeSoto.
Read below the evacuation-related actions to follow
- Immediately find out to know if you’re in an evacuation zone.
- Immediately make a decision on where you will go and how you will get there when the hurricane finally strikes.
- Consider only special needs such as shelter, food, medicine, and clothing. Making adequate preparation for these special needs will help one to not starve or sleep in the open.
- If you live in a high rise apartment, make up your mind that you’re not evacuating vertically.
- Fixate your mind instructions given by officials with regards to evacuation.
- If your place is safe, you should let it become the evacuation destination. This will help those that could not immediately find a place for themselves.
- Psyche your mind that the hurricane can hold you up in your apartment for days.
Source: NBA Republic