The funeral service of the late Queen Elizabeth II will take place in a matter of hours. The British monarch died at her Balmoral Castle in Scotland, at the age of 96. She died in the afternoon of Thursday, September 8, 2022.
Immediately after her death, the Operation London Bridge was put into action. The operation details the funeral arrangement of the monarch or the Queens funeral plans. As the time is inching closer; there’s a crave to know more about the Queen funeral time.
In this article, therefore, NBA Republic details all the scheduled times specific events will take place during the funeral service.
Read Also: What time is the funeral of the late Queen Elizabeth?
The Queen funeral time schedules
- 6:30 am: The lying-in-state of the Queen at the Westminster Hall comes to an end. The Queen has been in the hall for the past four days.
- 8:00 am: The doors to Westminster Abbey will open for the Queen’s funeral attendees to begin taking their seats.
- 10:44 am: King Charles III will lead his family in marching behind the Queen’s coffin when it is being moved from the Westminster Hall to Westminster Abbey.
- 10:52 am: The funeral procession arrives at Westminster Abbey.
- 11:00 am: For those wanting to know what time is the funeral; the actual funeral service starts at exactly 11 o’clock am, 8 minutes after the procession had arrived.
- 11:55 am: The Last Post sounds
- 12:00 pm: The Queen’s funeral service will be brought to an end by Reveille, the national anthem and a lament played by the Queen’s piper and the King will then lead his family in a procession to Wellington Arch.
- 1:00 pm: The Queens funeral plans have it that the coffin be loaded into a state hearse at Hyde Park, before being driven Windsor, at 1 pm.
- 3:06 pm: After more than two hours ride, the Queen’s funeral cortege is due to arrive at Windsor Castle through Shaw Farm Gate.
- 3:10 pm: The procession will set off, going up the Long Walk towards Windsor Castle.
- 3:20 pm: Dignitaries, including Governors-General and the 14 Realm Prime Ministers will begin to arrive at the West Door of St George’s Chapel for the commencement of the committal service. Members of the Royal Family who were not involved in the procession, will follow shortly.
- 3:40 pm: The King and other royals will join the procession as it passes into Engine Court.
- 3:53 pm: The procession will stop at the bottom of the west steps into the chapel. The bearer party will then lift the coffin from the state hearse and carry it up the steps into the chapel.
- 4:00 pm: Some 800 people, including members of the Queen’s Household and Windsor estate staff, will attend the committal service afterwards at St George’s Chapel.
- 4:30 pm: The service will end at this time, and King Charles III and the Queen Consort will depart.
- 7:30 pm: At this time; the Queen will be buried with her late husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, in the King George VI’s chapel. The burial will be done privately by only the royal family.
Source: NBA Republic